Here’s a quick reminder of the steps required to setup GL ledger and segment value security for the seeded Discoverer General Ledger Business Area:
- Set the profile option ‘FII: GL BIS Discoverer access’ for all GL responsibilities that will run Discoverer workbooks.
- Ensure that the profile option ‘GL Set of Books Name’ (‘GL Ledger Name in R12) has been set at responsibility level for all GL responsibilities that will run Discoverer workbooks.
- Ensure that the ‘Security Enabled’ flag is set to Yes for all ‘enabled’ segments of the chart of accounts. (Setup, Flexfields, Key, Segments)
- Define a flexfield value set security rule for each segment in the chart of accounts that INCLUDES all possible values in the Security Rule Elements i.e. Include 000000 ZZZZZZ (Setup, Flexfields, Validation, Security, Define)
- Assign the value set security rules created in Step 4 to all of the GL responsibilities that will run Discoverer Workbooks (Setup, Flexfields, Validation, Security, Assign)